Working at CeraNova
CeraNova’s employees work at the leading edge of innovation to create solutions for our customers. We value every employee and are focused on offering opportunities for growth while promoting a culture based on integrity and trust. At CeraNova we work hard to ensure the success of our customers while promoting a corporate culture based on integrity, trust, and open communication.
We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package including health insurance, paid holidays and vacation. Open positions will be filled by direct hire only.
DoD Contract Employment Restrictions and ITAR Regulations for US Citizenship apply.
No phone calls please. No recruiters, search firms or temporary employment agents.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CERAMIC MACHINING / POLISHING TECHNICIAN
Opportunity for an experienced ceramic machinist and optical fabrication technician with excellent work habits and strong hands on skills to contribute to the development of innovative, advanced ceramic optical components. The position requires knowledge of high precision machining, grinding and optical polishing for low volume manufacturing of ceramic optical components. The successful candidate must have a proactive and professional work ethic, thorough attention to detail, and a desire to work in a small team environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Performing grinding and polishing on optical polishers and CNC equipment to produce precision surfaces on hard ceramic materials.
- Inspecting dimensions and tolerances by applying mathematical skills and using instruments such as micrometers, sphereometers, interferometry and surface profilometry.
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Recording and maintaining electronic and hand written data logs and observations in a neat, accurate, and orderly manner.
- Monitoring and maintaining supplies and equipment; communicating with equipment manufacturers and suppliers; overseeing equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in ceramics machining; optical fabrication/manufacturing experience highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience setting up, operating, and maintaining CNC equipment.
- High School Diploma with proficient computer skills. Associates Degree, Technical Certificate, or other higher education a plus.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, multitasking as needed in a fast-paced team environment with constant attention to detail and eagerness to learn.
- Excellent observation and data recording skills with understanding of equipment operation, testing, and experimental procedures.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, problem solving and communication skills.
- Also highly desirable:
- Ability to develop, load, run CNC programs to perform grinding and polishing operations;
- CNC programming experience using MasterCAM X4/X5/X6;
- GD&T and optical metrology experience.