Working at CeraNova
CeraNova’s employees work at the leading edge of innovation to create solutions for our customers. We value every employee and are focused on offering opportunities for growth while promoting a culture based on integrity and trust. At CeraNova we work hard to ensure the success of our customers while promoting a corporate culture based on integrity, trust, and open communication.
We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package including health insurance, paid holidays and vacation. Open positions will be filled by direct hire only.
DoD Contract Employment Restrictions and ITAR Regulations for US Citizenship apply.
No phone calls please. No recruiters, search firms or temporary employment agents.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CERAMICS MANUFACTURING PROCESS ENGINEER
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for the development of safe and cost-effective advanced manufacturing processes and systems for the production of precision ceramic parts and components. The candidate must have diversified knowledge that includes ceramics forming methods, heat treatment, basic materials testing and inspection methods, and experience with design for manufacturability principles, structured problem solving, and shop floor control.
- Performs research, design, and development of manufacturing processes, methods, and controls including raw material specifications, mixing, forming, product handling, heat treatment, inspection, and testing.
- Designs custom equipment, tools, and supporting apparatus to improve manufacturing production rates, yields, cost, and quality.
- Executes new product processing methods to demonstrate feasibility, debug methodologies, and identify potential downstream production issues.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing drawings, procedures, work instructions, and other quality control documentation.
- Converts small scale fabrication systems and methods for higher volume production capacities.
- Evaluates and troubleshoots manufacturing or quality issues using designed experiments and/or structured root cause and problem solving techniques.
- Assumes responsibility for cleanliness, safety, and environmental issues associated with manufacturing processes, equipment, and work areas.
- Develop and maintain procedures for preventative maintenance for fabrication and test equipment.
- Maintain detailed and organized records of all research, design, and development work through laboratory notebook and written reports.
- Provides engineering progress, manufacturing performance, and project status reports to the engineering and management teams in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Education
- B.S. degree in Ceramics, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing
- Materials experience in ceramics
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a related area involving manufacturing processes utilizing raw materials, mixing, part formation, high temperature heat-treatment, and materials defect inspection and testing methods
- Basic understanding of Quality Management Systems under ISO 9001
- Experience with developing and documenting procedures and work instructions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- A product quality focus and attention to detail.
- Ability to clearly present ideas and issues in written and verbal formats.
- Good time management and planning skills.
- Independent thinker with proactive approach to solving problems and identifying preventive actions.
- Experience working with external vendors, negotiating cost and delivery terms and establishing inspection and quality requirements.
- Comfortable working and interacting in a small team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting where priorities can shift and quick response times are paramount.
CNC OPTICAL FABRICATION TECHNICIAN
Opportunity for an Optical Fabrication Technician / Polisher with excellent work habits and strong skills to contribute to the development of innovative, advanced ceramic optical components. The position requires a self-motivated individual with precision optics experience to fabricate low volume, high precision ceramic optics. The successful candidate must have a professional work ethic and a desire to work in a small team environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Performing grinding and polishing on CNC equipment to produce precision optical surfaces on hard ceramic materials.
- Inspecting dimensions & tolerances using mathematical knowledge and instruments such as micrometers, sphereometers, interferometry and surface profilometry.
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Recording technical data and observations neatly and accurately in a notebook.
- Monitoring and maintaining supplies and equipment; communicating with equipment manufacturers and suppliers; overseeing equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- 3 years’ experience in optical fabrication/manufacturing; ceramics machining experience highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience setting up, operating, and maintaining CNC equipment.
- High School Diploma with proficient computer skills. Community College, Technical Certificate, or other higher education a plus.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and to multitask in a fast-paced team environment; attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent observation and data recording skills with understanding of equipment, testing, and experimental procedures.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, problem solving and communication skills.
- Highly desirable but not required: 1) Ability to develop, load, run CNC programs to perform grinding and polishing operations; 2) CNC Programming experience using MasterCAM X4/X5/X6; 3) Metrology experience.