Working at CeraNova
CeraNova’s employees work at the leading edge of innovation to create solutions for our customers. We value every employee and are focused on offering opportunities for growth while promoting a culture based on integrity and trust. At CeraNova we work hard to ensure the success of our customers while promoting a corporate culture based on integrity, trust, and open communication.
We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package including health insurance, paid holidays and vacation. Open positions will be filled by direct hire only.
DoD Contract Employment Restrictions and ITAR Regulations for US Citizenship apply.
No phone calls please. No recruiters, search firms or temporary employment agents.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CNC OPTICAL FABRICATION TECHNICIAN
Opportunity for an Optical Fabrication Technician / Polisher with excellent work habits and strong skills to contribute to the development of innovative, advanced ceramic optical components. The position requires a self-motivated individual with precision optics experience to fabricate low volume, high precision ceramic optics. The successful candidate must have a professional work ethic and a desire to work in a small team environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Performing grinding and polishing on CNC equipment to produce precision optical surfaces on hard ceramic materials.
- Inspecting dimensions & tolerances using mathematical knowledge and instruments such as micrometers, sphereometers, interferometry and surface profilometry.
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Recording technical data and observations neatly and accurately in a notebook.
- Monitoring and maintaining supplies and equipment; communicating with equipment manufacturers and suppliers; overseeing equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- 3 years’ experience in optical fabrication/manufacturing; ceramics machining experience highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience setting up, operating, and maintaining CNC equipment.
- High School Diploma with proficient computer skills. Community College, Technical Certificate, or other higher education a plus.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and to multitask in a fast-paced team environment; attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent observation and data recording skills with understanding of equipment, testing, and experimental procedures.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, problem solving and communication skills.
- Highly desirable but not required: 1) Ability to develop, load, run CNC programs to perform grinding and polishing operations; 2) CNC Programming experience using MasterCAM X4/X5/X6; 3) Metrology experience.